Sunday, February 24, 2013

Groomsmen & Bridesmaids Outfit Ideas!

Hi ladies! I must really apologize for the lack of updates. I've been busy with work, the guest list, invitations and outfits for our bridesmaids and groomsmen!

After much much and more changes, we have FINALLY settled down on a theme. East meets west. That's to satisfy both our cravings. For my HTB, he dreams about being an emperor (I know WTF right? HAHA) and mine, to have purple maxi dresses on my bridesmaids.

At long last, he has settled on being a dressed down emperor (Qing Dynasty one) and the brothers dress as his erm. Imperial bodyguards? I'll have photos to illustrate better later. As for my bridesmaids, I gave a couple of maxi designs for Grecian Goddess theme. Although not exactly the purple I wanted, it still beats than having other colours.

Since the whole theme evolved around my HTB's desire to be emperor for a day, we thought the brothers could be imperial maids and the bridesmaids could be eunuchs. You didn't read wrongly neither did I type wrongly. HAHA. However, I was unable to find a size for our king kong groomsmen. So, mission aborted.

On to the next, was HTB still being emperor, I be empress, groomsmen be imperial guards, bridesmaids be imperial maids. Another problem, I didn't wanna miss my "cover veil" ceremony with parents. :( And it'll prolly look weird if I dressed as a Qing Dynasty bride. -.- Yet again, mission was aborted.

Then FINALLY. My clever bridesmaids thought of a theme where we can do an East meets West, where I can stay in my beautiful white gown, still have my "cover veil" ceremony and I wouldn't be out of place! *LOVE THEM*

We had a problem however, HTB's groomsmen consists of 2 kingkongs, 1 skinny dude, 1 average sized but a tad short dude and A GIRL.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Here's a photo of the Qing Dynasty costume I have found to be custom made for the brothers!! *Pats own back*


HAHAHAHAHHA. I KNOW ITS DAMN AWESOME RIGHT. :D

As for my ladies, beautiful and elegant Grecian Goddesses!


And lastly, my darling emperor.


We have arranged for a dress down Qing Dynasty theme rather than a formal one as the costumes are tardy and uncomfortable. The dress down ones are a lot closer to our budget and easier to get out of!

So the plan goes like this, the boys arrive in their Qing Dynasty get up, emperor looking for a bride with his bodyguards in disguise. He meets me, a westernized girl. A tad cheezy, I know. Hahahahahahahahaha.

We will do the gate crash and all in each respective costumes, and head downstairs after the gate crash is over for the East meets West theme shoot, then head over to HTB's place and after all the traditional things, the boys will change into their suits and white shirts. We'll do a western, elegant shoot nearby. :)

After so much planning has been done, I really pray the photos will turn out well!!

Till next time. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such nice post on groomsmen and bridesmaids outfit ideas! I am so glad to found this article. We have also been planning our wedding day since last month. We are done with booking most beautiful San Francisco wedding venues, caterer and decorator. Hoping to have perfect ceremony as planned.

    ReplyDelete