Saturday, December 8, 2012

5 months, 12 days to go!

Update:
I just got back from the viewing of bridal shoot layout. I can't say anything good about it AT ALL. I'm not too sure if the layout artist is new or just plain lazy. Simple things like smoothing out blemishes ought to be one of the most basic things a layout artist should look out for. Yet, NONE of the photos seem to have been processed.

Now, I'm generally an easy to please person. Also easily stepped over, sometimes. Yet she really got on my nerves. She had 2 photos we took from IKEA slotted in the middle of a bunch of photos from Ann Siang Hill. IKEA outfit was peach in colour, all bridal-ish and Ann Siang Hill outfit was oriental red qi pao. HOW CAN THE 2 MIX WELL TOGETHER.

I may not be the expert on designing layouts but the photos really clashed. We circled everything we possibly could, in my opinion. That's way below the service standards I expect. You pay for what you get, I agree. But THIS. Is unacceptable. I've heard of couples going behind the bridal studio's back to buy back photos. We didn't. We paid $80ish per photo. We expect AT LEAST the blemishes be smoothed out, the BCG marks on my arm be removed, guts tucked in when they're looking like 3 months big.

That aside, our wedding album chosen was an 18" long one. Which is REALLY wide. Despite that, they squeezed 36 photos into 5 x 18" wide pages. That is mad cramped up!

With the amount of editing we have circled, we doubt we'll be getting a call anytime soon.





With the launch of our joint venture, My Dear, Amber, we barely have time to breathe and think about our wedding preparations at all.

We've just moved in with my future mother-in-law who stays alone and she was kind enough to let us have the master bedroom. :)

Chores are very different once you've moved in together - officially. You find hair everywhere in the house and no one to pick them up for you. (Boy, I'm spoiled at my home) No one to do your laundry and iron them for you. No one to vacuum and mop your floors. And because you're late from work, EVERYONE waits for you to have dinner. Geez. I am discouraging am I not. :\

Pray for more time to breathe and have time to take a stroll down the neighborhood alone, enjoy the breeze and serenity of it all.

I'm a pretty pessimistic person in general. I become glum when things go wrong or even before they've gone wrong. That's bad for a marriage.

I haven't thought of ways to conquer the need to have some 'ME' time alone, to think, to enjoy the fruits of labor, to enjoy your new environment. It's been visits and visits and more visits so far. It's not really helping with the festive seasons coming up. I hope my mood will improve once my period is over.

Well, laters! Off to the bridal studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment